Mar 4, 2015

FEBRUARY FAVORITES + VIDEO

As you may have noticed, I update my youtube channel only once in five lifetimes.. and today's the day! I've been filming some snippets of my monthly favorites throughout the past week. And since I'm not very vocal in my videos, I decided to do a joint favorites including a blog post as well! You can watch the video here (Shhh  I will be mentioning some of my other favorites herein the blog post as well..)

Beauty: Sally Hansen and Seche Vite

This duo has been on my nails throughout the whole month of February! Of course, I've been repainting once a week, but just out of habit really. Because it doesn't chip! The quality of Sally Hansen nail polishes is by far the best I've come across and a coat of Seche Vite just seals the whole thing so good. The latter deserves all the praise and hype by the way. 



Colab Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Out of all the things my hair needs, volume is at the very top of the 'most wanted' list. This dry shampoo has been life changing this past month. I won't rave about it in this post as I have already done it in here.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Please tell me what on earth did take me this long to finally buy this wonder of a concealer?! It's the most amazing gem for under eyes as it doesn't crease! It has a very decent coverage, just enough for my personal liking. The color match is almost perfect as well; although Rimmel stuff is always kind of the yellowish side.. Anyways, I have found my holy gray concealer for my under eyes; if you haven't - you need this in your life!

Drink: Twinnings Liquorice Earl Grey

Tea in general is very dear to me and this one has truly been a highlight of the month! Twinings never fails to surprise me. I highly recommend this to all of my fellow tea aficionados. However, this may not be for everyone as my friend absolutely hates it! I wouldn't say to stay away from this one if you don't like liquorice (I personally adore it) because you can barely pick up on it while drinking! It's just a bit of a fancier earl grey.

Book: Gone Girl

I'm so late on this, I knowwww.. I just wish I hadn't seen the movie before reading the book, because I'd be screaming at all the plot twists. I haven't finished it yet, but when I do, I'll go straight to the other books by Gillian Flynn before there are more movies made..

TV, Film and Music

The weird thing is, there weren't any standouts in this category this past month.. Just a few great things, but nothing worth a standing applause. I've been binge-rewatching Community because they finally put it up on Netflix, definitely one of my top faves of all time. If you enjoy fun sitcoms - do check it out. Better Call Saul aired. It's been great, I'm almost certain I'm enjoying it just as much as  Breaking Bad, so that should say a lot because I frickin loved the latter. Also, How To Get Away With Murder has come back and I was freaking out over all the twists and turns. Ah, what a great series!!

I haven't been watching much films throughout February, I thought wasn't going to put any in this post.. Until I remembered that those few movies were oscar nominees. Therefore I want to mention Nightcrawler which stunned me in every way possible. From the unusual setting (LA suburbs at nighttime) to the impeccable characterization which was performed by the oh-so-underrated Jake Gyllenhaal. HE WAS SO GOOD YOU GUYS.

Music of the month has been a few tracks being played on repeat. New releases by the Milky Chance, also Matt & Kim. And a few songs that were shazamed during the rolling credits of the TV series Girls. Here have a listen:








Fashun: H&M jumper

I'm just gonna put it out there - I live in this jumper. It's the comfiest thing in my closet and I don't want to wear anything else. ever. The sad days are when I have to do laundry and live without this for a day. However, the saddest and the most tragic day was in mid-February when I spilled nail polish on it. So of course I don't wear it in public anymore, but I shamelessly continue to live in it at home. I'm trying to hunt down this exact jumper on H&M again, but the hunt is not going down that well...




This is it for my February favorites, don't forget to watch the video (and celebrate the fact that I uploaded) if you haven't already. Also, tell me what you think of this joint thing! See you in my next blog post!

bisou bisou,
Julia


1 comment:

  1. Great Post!

    Love the Sally Hansen nail varnish colour! Beautiful!

    Emma :)
    http://beautyconfessionswithemma.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete